The Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy admits students of any color, race, ethnic origin, gender, religious background , or sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to students at the school. CIMT does not discriminate because of color, race, ethnic origin, gender, religious background, or sexual orientation in its admissions policies, educational policies, financial programs or any other school administered programs. All students, staff and faculty must adhere to the CIMT non-discrimination policy at all times. Violations of the policy will result in immediate dismissal from the program or employment.
The Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy requires:
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age to apply for our program.
- High school transcripts or equivalent is required.
- Applicants must be in good health and physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of performing massage therapy.
- Applicants must be fully able to participate in classroom requirements.
- Applicants must possess good communication skills, competency in the occupational environment, and demonstrate a commitment to learning massage therapy.
Persons with disabilities are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, the Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship to CIMT. Applicants' requests for accommodations must be provided in writing to the Admissions staff prior to acceptance in the program.
The Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy does not follow the Ability to Benefit process and requires that students have a high school diploma or equivalent prior to admission.